Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Baldricks is Coming

Under two months away!
  • We're two months away from the annual St. Baldrick's event, it's time to get signed up if you haven't already. For those who don't know St. Baldrick's is an event where volunteers agree to shave their heads in solidarity with the kids who lose their hair in chemo and other treatments, while seeking pledges from friends and family to raise funds to help find a cure for this terrible disease.

    For the last seven years hundreds of members of the Chicago Police Department have gotten together to fight this terrible disease that affects way too many of us. The St. Baldricks Foundation is the largest funder of childhood cancer research grants, second only to the U.S. government. Grants of over 178 Million dollars in childhood cancer research have contributed to hundreds of childhood cancer research products, training the next generation of researchers, and helping institutions treat more children in clinical trials including many right here in Chicago.

    This year, after the request of several past attendees, we have moved the event to a Saturday. This will allow more friends and families to come down and parking and traffic will not be an issue. The event will be at the Academy, 1300 W. Jackson on Saturday, March 12th from 0700 – 1700 hours. Please click here Chicago Police St. Baldrick's and go to the site to sign up Just follow the link, Join Us and let your hair go for the next two months, we'll take care of it on the 12th. For any questions, please send an email to brenda.valadez7694@gmail.com. Thanks and hope to see you on March 12th!
Always a worthy cause.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Mr. SouthSide said...

I will gladly have this beautiful mane shorn for this cause.

1/19/2016 06:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very worthwhile cause.
THANKS to those involved and to SCC for again promoting this charitable event.
Unfortunately, Mother Nature beat out St. Baldricks on my dome many years ago.
IF an address could be published here in which to send a check, I'll gladly do my part and I'm sure others unable to actually participate would do the same as well.
Keep praying for the afflicted and involved in the fight against childhood cancer.

P.S. As a personal request, only related responses under this topic PLEASE. Thank You!

1/19/2016 09:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ot and with all due respect for Children Battling Cancer: Scc, I just came across a video in the N.Y.Post presented By the NYPD Sargents Association that should be posted on your Blog. It speaks of the sacrifices that the Police make every day and those who perpetuate violence against the Police.

I am an old retired Cop and I would post this , but I am not exactly Steve Jobs when it comes to computers.

Thank You for your time.

1/19/2016 10:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did it at the Academy a few years ago just before I retired,What an easy thing to do for a great fundraiser.And It grows back fast. I have a good reason for doing it,but think I would do it anyway,and will do it again this year. Stay safe you young guys it's still a great job held by great people. Don't let them beat you down.

1/19/2016 03:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get to cross something off my New Years Resolution List and that's to part with my Mullet.

1/19/2016 05:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will try to come to show my support for my brothers and sisters in blue

1/19/2016 06:31:00 PM  
Anonymous St. Baldrick's said...

To 9:31 am, thank you for inquiring, you can go to the link provided in the original post and make a donation through our event, just click on the donate box.

1/20/2016 03:35:00 AM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

As a civilian whose daughter died of cancer, I can't thank you enough for helping contribute to this research. Finding cures and gentler treatments is hugely important to the families whose children are fighting cancer. Thank you so much.

1/20/2016 08:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

St. Baldrick's
Thanks for the response info., a donation was made.
Again, God Bless all those involved and afflicted.
09:31 a.m. (ret.)

1/20/2016 03:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This thread seemed lonely.

I'd participate, but I don't have a head to shave.


And, no, not that one, either.


I do, however, get my rocks off these days.






Chalkie

1/22/2016 12:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts.......................... ..........................Older Posts